Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lovely Lace--or is it???

The two week challenge on Latenight stampers has been to use lace on your card.   I was away the first week of the challenge and it took me all day to get the desire to go into the studio and make a card for this week of the challenge.  I don't have any lace stamps, I don't really have anything lace at all so I did not have a clue what to do--but then I decided to use my lacey ribbon punch, a doily (non-SU) and lacey Beautiful Baroque background embossing folder.  I couldn't find a current set to match so I just went with a bowl of cherries and decided to be done with it, lol.  Did you ever feel like that???  Anyway here is the card....


I guess it is what it is, even the picture is crooked,  lol!  
Stamps: Giggle Greetings
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Daffidol Delight, Whisper White
Ink: BAsic Black
Other: ribbon punch, doily, beautiful baroque embossing folder, rhinestones, markers

I hope I feel like being crafty tomorrow--I have not had any desire to make anything lately???
Mary Jo

4 nice people left a comment:

Oma said...

I had a day like that yesterday. I am on the design team for Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge. I had cut and embossed and got together all the card bits but just didn't feel like putting it all together. I really like this card and I think the border punch and doily classify as lace.

Carol Carriveau said...

Some days are like that....well sometimes more than just some! But I think that you pulled this off...we have to use what we have and your bowl of cherries (love that stamp!) are beautifully set off by all of the layering and colors...and the lace!

Cheryl Mooney said...

You did a great job! The color combo is great with your bowl of cherries. The lace makes you picture going to Grandma's house and having a piece of homemade cherry pie.

Nancy Dawson said...

Beautiful card! Some days are cherries but some... 'lemonade' LOL Love the colors. TFS