Friday, April 5, 2013

Flashback Friday!

I am so excited about this post.  My friend Nicole (who is also a member of my Sketch Challenge DT) started a new thing on Fridays called Flashback Friday.  She is posting samples each week with older retired stamp sets that don't see much love!  Well if you know me at all you know that I have almost EVERY stamp set I ever owned still in my studio and some do not EVER see the light of day!  So I thought this was a brilliant idea and decided to "steal" the idea from her.  I will also link to her blog so you can see some other oldies but goodies.  You will adore her style!  Click HERE to view her Flashback posts.  And for my first post I chose to use the old retired set Little Trucks--this set used to get used daily by my son--it was his favorite. It is from 2002 so that was a while ago--needless to say he does not ever touch it any more, lol! I had fun combining it with the brand new stamp set Designer Type.


Here is what the stamp set looks like...



 And here is the new stamp set...


 Stamps: Little Trucks, Designer Type
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Other: markers
I am so glad I played with this set--it has been way too long!  Thanks Nicole for the BRILLIANT idea!
Mary Jo

3 nice people left a comment:

Nicole Tugrul said...

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this card! My friend had this stamp set and I just loved it and borrowed it from her to make little boy cards. You did a very clever new take on it, especially using the new Designer Type set!!! I am so glad you joined me for Flashback Friday!!

Jonia said...

That is a great idea and may have to do the same thing if I can ever find time. Love it Mary Jo!

Carol Carriveau said...

I love following Nicole's Friday cards...and this set is adorable and I've not been using SU! sets for this long so this is new and adorable to me....TFS~