Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blue Christmas!

Today's card is for the color challenge on SCS. Fun one today you had to use two colors and one of them had to be the bleached out result of the first color--you could then add a neutral if you choose. I also combined it with the new Midnight Madness Challenge. Come on and play along, it makes you house smell so clean!

Here is the sketch for the week on the Midnight Madness blog

And my card..

Stamps: The more the merrier
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Accessories: bleach, ribbon, pretties kit, bleach, scallop edge punch, rub ons (chit chat collection.
Techniques: bleach


Hope you have a fabulous day! It is still raining here, think I may have to invest in a boat to get to the grocery store--crazy weather this year!

Mary Jo

8 nice people left a comment:

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Mary Jo! What a lovely smile you have! :) Great job combining two challenges! I always think that makes it more fun too! I love your blue and white colors with the snowman image! Perfect combination!! Thank you for playing with us this week and hope to see you again next week!

Sue
MMDT Member

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Mary-Jo, that blue is just right for this snow family! It's simply glowing night :) Great sentiment to go with the white color. That's why you're on Late Night Stamper's DT- you've got talent girl! Thanks for working our sketch this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

Hi Mary Jo...Your card is just a winter wonderland :) You always have the cutest cards. I really want to thank you for coming back each week. It is a joy to have you play with us. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and be sure to stop back by on Wednesday for my tutorial :)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carolyn said...

What a great card. I love the dark blue for winter. I have that image too. It is so cute. I will have to use mine soon too. I love that pretty satin ribbon too. Thanks for playing with us at the MMDT. We love and appreciate it and hope you will join us in the fun again next week.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Pam said...

I love snowmen and snowflakes almost as much as I love butterflies! This card is great!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun snowman and lovely pearl accents. Good job with the Midnight Madness Sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Denise Clark said...

I love that shade of blue! So pretty with the snowmen. Really makes them stand out! Great job with the bleach!

Curt in Indy said...

This is such a wonderful card! Love that you made a winter card with this sketch! Love those snowpeople! Best, Curt