Thursday, April 16, 2009

Three Clovers Thursday Challenge #9

Welcome to Thursday and another Three Clovers Thursday Challenge. We are on number 9 already. Have you played along yet? This weeks challenge is to use your favorite Technique. I don't really have a favorite and since we did this last week on the Blogger's challenge too I just figured I would pick a different one. This week I chose Reverse Masking. Fun and simple. What do you think? Do you have a favorite or one you want to learn and don't know? Leave me a comment and I will check it out (if it's a favorite) or do a tutorial on it (if you want to learn). I really love techniques. Here is my card for today.

I used the circle scissors plus to cut a circle in a piece of computer paper and then used that as my mask. I stamped the flowers over the hole in the paper so they only showed up in a circle. Then before removing the mask I used a sponge and added some Baja Breeze ink all around the inside of the circle to make the circle stand out more. Then for a little more I added dots around the circle wih my black marker.

Ty the way this is 100% current Stampin Up and qualifies for my You're Hired Again series.

Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Really Retro
Paper: Baja Breeze, Basic Black, card stock, Baja Breeze DP along with Urban Oasis DP
Ink: Going Grey and Basic Black
Other: Circle Scissors Plus, sponge, ribbon, marker

Head on over to Kerry's blog to see what the rest of the team did and to play along! See ya there!

See ya soon.
I need to do some cleaning today---YUCK -- I would rather be stamping.

Mary Jo

9 nice people left a comment:

carolmatthews@ns.sympatico.ca said...

Mary Jo, I just love your style! Beautiful card, beautiful work.
Cheers
Carol

Kerry D-C said...

Just BEAUTIFUL, MJ!

Jans Stamping Jems said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing.
Jan Mengel

Jekka said...

I saw a card once using the dryer sheet technique and it has intrigued me ever since. Do you know anything about this?

Elena said...

I really love this window effect you created! Very pretty card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the reverse masking with these stamps!

Barbara said...

Lovely.....stunning.....beautiful! I think that says it all!!

Ida said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and the way you highlighted the circle around the flowers with the piercing.

slbt17 said...

beautiful - thanks for sharing - such an attractive card = I appreciate you taking the time to share your techniques!
Sandra